Non contact tasks
Module 1: Foundations
Overview of Tasks
Task 1: Anatomy & Development
Label a basic anatomy chart
Task 2 & 3: Teaching Methodology
2: You completed this task when you answered the homework questions in the Engage section. Submit your answers.
3: Read the excerpt about the eight intelligences
Task 4 & 5: Classroom Management
4. Read the excerpt on non verbal communication & summarise in your own words
5. Read the excerpt on the upstairs / downstairs brain & summarise in your own words
Task 6: Ethics
Read the excerpt titled Modern Ethics: Beyond the Yamas and Niyamas
Task 7: Teaching Techniques
Watch the video series “Light Up Little Lights” for 5-8 year olds & 8-12 year olds to see how themes are used to teach children’s yoga & reflect upon what you observed.
Prac Teaching Tasks
Task 1 & 2 : Class Environment & Lesson Structure
1. Plan an 8 week term using the Inspired Kids Yoga term plan template. Recreate the Inspired Kids Yoga term plan template into your own digital file that can be saved as a PDF file and uploaded.
2. Write one lesson plan using the Inspired Kids Yoga term plan template. Recreate the Inspired Kids Yoga term plan template into your own digital file that can be saved as a PDF file and uploaded.
Task 3 & 4 : Prac Teaching
3. Teach your lesson plan to the age group intended (30-60 mins)
4. Process how the class went, using the self reflection template.