Professional Development Workshops
for professionals who work with kids
Do you work with kids who are anxious , overwhelmed and at times, hard to engage with?
Do you want to learn how you can help them feel calm & connected?
These workshops are created for professionals who work with kids:
* allied health- OT; physio; dietician; speech; osteo
* medical- doctors; nurses; anaesthetists; sonographers; radiology; pathology
* mental health- therapists; counsellors; social work
* early childhood educators
* classroom teachers
* support teachers
* mentors & coaches
Limited places to ensure a quality learning environment.
"The calm tools provided were explained well and are simple, yet profound, wrapped up in a playful way."
Registered Nurse at the workshop
Calm Tools for Anxious Kids
What you will learn:
* How to recognise the different signs of anxiety
* How to know which tools to use in different circumstances
* How to communicate during a "meltdown"
* An art therapy technique to help kids express their anxiety
* Therapeutic movements
* Calm breathing & relaxation techniques
The workshops are a mix of theory, sharing and practical experience.
You will receive feedback as you practice teaching the tools to a workshop partner, so that you leave the workshop feeling confident and ready to share the tools with anxious kids right away!
"Well presented and at a good pace. A lot covered in one day with lots of long and short term ideas and activities to implement”
~ Primary School Teacher
Want to have a human interaction to help you make your decision that this training is right for you?
Most concerns simply need clarification and some good old fashioned communication.
Send an email and I will happily answer your questions either via email or over the phone if you prefer.